Monday, March 18, 2013

Flow... Oh how wonderful this story is not.


I HATE WRITING!!!!!! IT'S SO DIFFICULT! I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO WRITE ANYMORE. GEEZ, I MEAN SURE I CAN OUTLINE BUT ACTUALLY WRITING? ESPECIALLY A CRIME NOVEL. WHAT THE HELL DID I GET MYSELF INTO WITH THIS?

I mean, hi. As you can see, I'm a bit frustrated with this process... Not for lack of trying FYI. I've been reading the Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich for inspiration, or rather I was at the beginning. Now I'm just reading them because they are amazing... but in all seriousness they help a little. In addition, I've been reading some websites online from bloggers and authors. What I'm trying to say is basically, I'm a desperate fool in terms of writing a book. It's like I have all of these ideas in my head and I can put the vague premise down on paper, but once it comes to actually writing? BOOM! Nothing.
So obviously I took to the internet to help me, because, why not? The internet=everything. Someone out there was bound to have the same problem as me!
So I mean, I guess I have what could be called writer's block. Or some form of that... Maybe? I don't know it's annoying though I can tell you that.

The following sources had much information on writer's block, several ways to get over it and tips on how to write a novel that I found helpful. That is... until I started to write again. So I'm going to keep trying, but for now, I'll let you know when I've got pages for you. Until next time, I'll leave you with this: I hope you never get writer's block. It SUCKS royally.

http://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/567/1/
http://flavorwire.com/343207/13-famous-writers-on-overcoming-writers-block
http://io9.com/5844988/the-10-types-of-writers-block-and-how-to-overcome-them
http://www.advancedfictionwriting.com/art/snowflake.php

1 comment:

  1. Ally,
    I totally understand your frustration. For the most part, whenever I write something I'll get about 30 pages in and then lose everything and get writers block and just stop. It really does suck. My only recommendation would be to try writing a different segment of the story you already have planned and then connect them at some point. Or, make a murder happen so you can add a new direction to the plot and get rid of a character you have no idea what to do with! Works every time.

    Well, I'm sure you'll get through the writer's block in the end however you manage to do it.

    ~~Max

    ReplyDelete